Tuesday, March 14, 2017

3/14/2017 More writings by LBD

*Note: Found a stapled stack of pages from a notebook of Mama's. She wrote poetry, too.

Not Me

Not one of those wistfully smiling -
Trying to look bright eyed and alive
Little old people
Living must have meaning
Meaning is being of service or help to
a fellow being -
No browned and drying leaf clinging to the tree of life
as if I were green and growing
Not me!

You Think You Know Me

You think you know me!!!
That's life's poorest joke,
You only know me as you know yourself -
You subscribe your motives, your weaknesses and meanness to me,
unable to realize that those are your motives, your weakness, your meanness
I am not you
You are not me
You don't know me
You judge me from all your own petty inadequacies
Knock it off
Grow up!!

I Look in the Mirror

I look in the mirror
Who is that?
No one I ever knew
I smile -
No, I still don't recognize
What happened in seventy years?
Legs are still straight
Feet still slender and strong -
Bottom too fat, but it always was!
Sagging protruding abdomen, mostly laziness
Sagging boobs. I never liked having any -
(Which is worse, those dangling from a chest or between one's legs)
Head bent forward
No chin - and then
thin white hair
What a mess

Introspection
Is it really good for anybody?



No comments:

Post a Comment